Friday, May 28, 2004

HMMMMMmmmm.....

Went for a run yesterday with Vanessa, Eunji napped, so rather than go right away to clean (which I decided I didn't need... not a frequent happening...) we sat and talked.

New Question:
When you love someone and let them 'in,' can you ever get them out again?

Last summer I was talking to Jess and he told me that you never 'get over' a girl, and that the only thing that happens is you deal with not being with a girl you still really like.

I think I've had two different sets of experiences: dumping someone and getting dumped, where this idea holds differently in each case.

C1. Me dumps Her.
C1A. Was never in love
This ends either with me having broken up with a girl who had let
me 'in' thus I have hurt her and she will deal in her own way with
a similar issue to the one a hand, or she also did not feel so
strongly for me and a friendship ensues.
C1B. Was at some point in love
Worth looking at. I'm not sure if in this case, it means I
actually was not in love, though I feel like the only way to
judge love is contextually, thus, if at any point in a relationship
I have decided I was in love, then let us assume that it was
'real' love. (likely a poor assumption)
The question becomes trivial if one assumes that 'real' love is
forever and "you can just feel when it is real." Do to the
imperfect information aspect of the scenario, one can never know
the duration of an emotion/relationship and one always feels that
the current love is 'real.'
The other problem with love is that many times, one loves an idea
or a feeling or sex. I feel that this is most closely related to
my falling-out-of-love. In general, I must say that it is most
likely my love of something else, a feeling, an idea, etc... that
I have confused for the sort of romantic, inter-personal, 'true'
love which is in question. When I came to realize this, it became
relatively easy to deal with my own emotions, and I just had to
take care not to hurt someone who I cared about, but was not in
love with (I have not been terribly successful).

C2. She dumps me
C2A. Never in love.
Again, an easy situation emotionally. Usually my pride hurts a
little, but it's not terribly troublesome. Usually some sort of
friendship springs up after a period of akwardness.

C2B. will be in the next post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home