Thursday, June 16, 2005

needs more brevity....

My post before last was and too long-winded. I tried to describe the events of my day, but as it was not nearly focused enough I said very little and expended more energy than was worthwhile.

Tonight I sucked at pool. While this is nothing new, I'd like to think I'm on tilt... still... from poker two nights ago. Played with my cousins in Salem, following it up with some Harpoon Hibernian and watching "Old School."

I really enjoy watching the greasy, selfish, good-at-heart character played by Vince Vaughn. His characters always seem to be coarse, rude, slightly dishonest and true friends. Maybe I identify with someone who's a complete asshole but good at heart....

After dodging the heavens opening up, I ran home from Dan and Tony's house in my new shoes, only slightly dampening them in the puddles. Upon arriving, I went to say good night to my parents when I noticed "Grosse Pointe Blank" playing on Encore Mystery. Every time I see John Cusack's life in that movie I want to become a reformed assassin. Army...?

For the first time ever I reversed a 'your mom' joke very successfully without resorting to another 'your mom' joke (or of course, "my mother's dead.")

*Shapiro Poker Game, Dealer is just finishing distribution of hole cards*
Sasha: Thanks man, you're great.
Dealer: That's what your mom said last night.
Sasha: And if you keep delivering pizza's on-time, I'm sure she'll keep saying it...

So couth....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home