Sunday, June 05, 2005

Slump

My brain seems to be in a slump. I don't seem to be able to create much of anything right now and I don't really want to. It seems to be some combination of being tired and wanting to do something 'else.' Maybe getting to capoeira (sp?) or judo will fix me. In the mean-time I will create crap to try and jump-start myself:

I met my room-mate for the first time, last night.

*music playing as i walk to my door*
"Finally."

1809B's door is open; a boy in a red-hat and a red dr. pepper shirt looks out of his door a bit startled. A girl with curly blonde hair and a steel lip-ring looks up from her drink and hints of other people emanate from the other room. Reaching out a hand I greet Red-Shirt, "Hi, I'm Sasha. Do you live here?"
Upon looking into the room I see another guy and a girl from Marblehead high school who starts shouting, "OHMYGOD! Don't you know who this is? We all went to high school together!" I try to explain that I've never met anyone in this room from Marblehead except her... maybe it's because I went to Exeter in 10th grade. The excitement cools visibly....

It's actually funny to watch how the people in the room sort of bounce around more as the excitement is higher and then watch as the settle.... Brownian motion popped into my head for an instant.... Aylin (girl from my high school...) has a lower 'excitement specific heat' and started bouncing around the room pointing, first at me, then at her Swarthmore friends. Everyone else began to shift back and forth, their 'excitement specific heat' apparently too high to get much of a reaction from the bundle of energy hopping around the center of the room. After a few seconds it becomes apparent that no one else went to Marblehead High. And as people cool... the stop bouncing in some random location and then walk slowly back to their original places (setting up the experiment for the next exciting fact...).

Emily, Jon (this name may not be correct...), and Aylin are visiting my room-mate, Ryan, who they know from Swarthmore. Also they are drinking absynthe and Dr. Pepper. They invite me for a shot of Aby (sp?) and we toast new room-mates and new friends.... i'm bored of this post... They went out. I went to bed.

two new words:
Aby: (pronounced like abbey) short for absinthe...
The Voms: I have no idea what this means exactly, but as far as I can tell it's something to do with stomach problems, most likely vomiting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home