Saturday, September 11, 2004

reading

I am reading Roger Zelazny. I came to some odd thoughts that may or may not be true about any or all people.

There are people who just collect facts and statistics really well. I know many magic cards I've come across by heart. I'm guessing Eric, Tao, Austin, Ani, Ben etc... the sort of people who play lots of games and read sci-fi have similar stores of totally useful information. I think this sort of fact accumulation is correlated really strongly with liking science fiction... one must learn a whole new historical setting, with a whole pile of new natural laws, plus all of the stuff that any story requires one to keep in mind. I think these fact-accumulators enjoy accumulating facts (at least I do), which ought to have some other interesting uses/side-effects....

-------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home