Sunday, October 09, 2005

Statement of Purpose

I want to go to graduate school for operations research because:
-Optimization and Stochastic Processes. These are some big ways in which I mentally simplify life for myself. Breaking down a problem into it's own steps, modelling possibilities/choices/knowledge as probabilities, considering expected values and variances of assorted situations.
-Research. I really enjoy the the experience of learning. The stress-release/dawning feeling is one of the most powerful and wonderful parts of life. Learning something before anyone else adds a feeling adventure and progress. Adding to humanity's body of knowledge makes me happy and proud.
-Academia. Surrounding myself with the most intelligent people is a great way to force me to excel, learn new ways of thinking, and makes it viable to forge new friendships with the people who will push me and expand my world view in the future.

Two pages of this stuff.... eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home