Sunday, June 13, 2004

lalala

Yesterday:
Beef and Zuchini and onions with cauliflower and garlic.
2 glasses chocolate milk
3 buffalo wings (I made 'em on my own, they're really easy to make and end up costing ~$16 for ~50 wings).
bowl of salad w/light caesar dressing, croutons
two servings mom's russian-y salad (the one w/out beets)
steak and a half
buncha' blueberries
2 glasses vermont cherry wine ('twas really sweet... like sugar)


Now I must debate: do I gain 10 pounds of pure power?
The Judo weight classes are at: 161 (or 162) and 178 and right now I weigh 166-7, though during school I weighed closer to 163-4. If I start lifting, I should get stronger, but it might also make me look big, which I'd rather not. hmmmmmm..... but I'd not get too much bigger because I'd hopefully just run all of the fat down and just gain around 10 pounds mostly in chest, arms, legs which wouldn't look too bad.
eh... guess I'm pretty much decided on working out anyway, so i'll just see how strong/big I get.

One other cool thing about Judo (besides the obvious coolnes of flipping people over your back, and then chocking them unconscious or breaking their arm) is that I'm a lot less scared of laying out. I fall >40 times in two hours at high speeds in many directions and it doesn't hurt much at all. My body just seems to be getting harder, and more able to absorb punishment. w00t

I've recently started wasting time with neopets again. There's this funny turn based strategy game called 'invasion of Meridell' where one is limited to 5 units who level up and get items, and also limited to 5 actions/turn and each unit is limited in their number of actions (either 4,2, or 1/ turn). The enemies are all much stronger, but behave in obvious ways. I'm not sure if I have the game 'beaten' strategically, but I'm pretty sure that I'm really close. Sometimes I make the same sort of tactical mistakes I do in every game: poker, chess, WC3 where I ignore something/someone important or assume something is stronger/weaker than it actually is... and that's about all that fucks me. I've gotten a lot better at it in poker (though Thrusday night I watched the TV and the cards on the board instead of Lah and just gave him 2 or 3 dollars, so I'm not quite where I need to be) and I hope it carries over to all sorts of other things as well.

.php and sql are going well, I just need a place to write things and test them. Cunix's Web-server doesn't seem to have php enabled, though I'm not sure that that is true, since Cunix can interpret php commands. maybe I'll ask someone who knows... or maybe someone who knows will read my blog and tell me.

Breakfast and then BBQ tony and marsha are back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home