Tuesday, June 15, 2004

mmmmm food

Yesterday I ate:

2 slices of banana
glass of milk
1 bagel with cream cheese
granola bar
peach
116th street man chicken sandwich
yo buffalo wrap
multi-grain raspberry fruit bar
pear

in other news Ani made a fireball trying to put out someone else's tempura fire in Schapiro 8's lounge (totally not his fault, valiant effort, yada yada yada, still funny).

Within minutes of the fire department leaving people began writing in the soot with their fingers in Russian: "Penis" "Penis all bitches" and some word (I had to look it up) that means "loser" or "sucker" ....
I hate those jack-asses with passion... it's not funny, or clever to write swears out of context on walls. 'tis even worse when the swear words come in phrases like "penis all bitches" !!!! WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!

Judo was ridiculously awesome last night. I got schooled on the mat by Francisco, a white belt who has also studied Ju-Jitsu, so I got all kinds of choked. In return, I schooled him standing which for me is an odd experience, because usually I am a lot stronger on the mat. Also we learned arm-bars which was exciting and painful. I did really well against Ani standing, which was an odd feeling, it might be just because he wasn't in class on Wed. (i.e. his break has been two months and then a week, while mine has been two months)...

After getting psyched from Judo.. Went back to play poker (I had lost $5 right before leaving for Judo). I bought in and Ani and I just started pushing people around (somehow people were scared when Ani kept buying the blinds) Finally Ani's aggressiveness caught up to him, we had a showdown (he was all in) and I took him out. I made a bunch of lucky plays winning three or so hands I should have lost by pretty wide margins. Anyway, I ended up beating Jon with Kowboys when he went all in. Then this beligerent drunk guy wanted to buy in and go head to head. We played for a while, I stole blinds and small bets and he went all in and made his money back (bought in for $10 and he had about $9.50) and I asked him, "I'm ready to get to sleep, are you sure you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, let's keep going" "Ok, I'll finish at 1 am" (it was 12:15 or so). We played and he kept losing. He got really mad when I bet 'incorrectly.' I learned about stringing bets and such, but he screamingly insisted that there was only one right way to play poker and that I was doing it wrong. Anyway I finally beat his pocket jacks with my Queen-8 (3 queens) to take all of his money. It was almost 1 (12 fifty-something) and I wanted to leave, but he got mad again and then finally shook my hand, took his Hookah and left.

I was up around $50 for the night. I may not get invited to play poker anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home