Sunday, June 20, 2004

something something falling behind

two days ago (Friday):
Blueberry Muffin
Ham-Del Twister
2 Lamb chops
Borscht w/boiled egg, cucumber, beets, sour cream, onions... probably that's all.

Yesterday:
Pancakes and Canteloupe
5 Lamb chops
2 Plums (they're little)
2 drumsticks
some shrimp
buncha bbq chips
buncha tortillas and salsa
screwdriver
3 natural Light
2 'large' shots jim beam (<---- NOT JIM BEAN?!?!? WTF?!?!?!)

Important thing I learned: Self-importance and pride and 'stiffness of character' come across as stupidity to me. I met some woman who sounded like the biggest self-important jackass idiot at some russian party. She actually has a Ph.D in Math. I feel that she's probably not dumb, just not someone I'd enjoy hanging out with. I get the impression that even drunk, at a party, with some clueless younger guy staring at her with respect she could totally not loosen up. She seemed to have no sense of humor except when laughing at one of her 'jokes.' She was trying to impress everyone with her life experiences and her philosophy, but she just sounded like someone really self-important with no real reason to be.
I'm not sure if it's like this for everyone, but when people try really hard to appear: rich, smart, important, better than me; they seem not like the thing they are attempting to appear to be, but rather as if they don't have this trait they desire, and are attempting to make up for it.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home